Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Arizona

Honestly I had a really hard time enjoying my trip to Arizona because my mind was elsewhere.  Boy nothing can prepare you for how much you worry about your kids!  I'm so thankful for my hubby and parents who took such good care of them while I was gone.  I hate being away when they're sick!!  But anyway, i did TRY to have some fun outside of my work.  My little cousin, Britta from Idaho is on the Beach Volleyball team for Grand Canyon University right in Phoenix.  My aunt & uncle were in town to see her because it was senior week.  It was so nice to see them and hang out a few nights.  I went and watched her volleyball tournament and then we walked around campus and had dinner in her student union.  It was nice to be with family that I don't get to see often!!  I also got to stay at The Biltmore in Phoenix which is probably one of the nicest and well known hotels there.  Almost all the Presidents have stayed there and Marilyn Monroe used to frequent there too.. they even have a pool made for her and named after her.  I didn't get a picture but it's covered in beautiful turquoise tile.  Frank Lloyd Wright designed the hotel.. I've stayed here before but it's just breathtaking.  Wish Kyle could've came with me again this year but oh well!  

View from my room.. LOVE the pool!  I did get a little time there :)

The back lawn and the patio where I enjoyed some drinks with clients.

Chess anyone?!?!

Britta's volleyball tourney...

You know you're in Arizona when..... :)






No comments:

Post a Comment